Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Incident Manager is part of the Production Support team which is responsible for managing incidents for new and existing Products. This position is responsible for Incident Management ensuring that all incidents are identified, triaged and resolved within SLA. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring that all root cause analysis is documented for high severity incidents and delivered to the respective Product owners. This position will interface with Comcast Product, Change, Problem, Release, Engineering, Market and Operations Management teams.
Work is performed in a 24/7 operatoins environment. Must be available to work weekends and holidays on an on call bassis.
(Essential knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Education/Certifications Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Strong understanding of ITIL and Incident Management practices.
- Work related experience
- Web, Mobile and Cloud experience a plus.
- 2-5 years experience in an Enterprise 24x7 Network Operations Center or Production Support environment required
- 2-5 years Customer Service experience, Incident and Problem Management required.
- 2-5 years experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT service level processes.
- Technical expertise in network and server administration with hands on experience.
- Experience working in a large (1000+ server) and complex operations environments.
- Good understanding of Cloud infrastructure (Network and Server architecture).
- Experience with monitoring technologies.
- Exposure and familiarity with change, problem and release management.
- Essential Job Function
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor. Must at all times be able to communicate clearly with all levels of employees, external vendors and management teams
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to achieve specific results from little direction.
- Ability to work under pressure being adaptable and responsive to organizational requirements.
- Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making.
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.