Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors, engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Works ticket-based and inbound-call based reports of customer issues to resolution
- Interfaces with customers to implement issue resolution and routine maintenance updates and configuration optimization
- Interfaces with equipment vendors to resolve and document equipment fixes, firmware upgrades, etc.
- Interfaces with off-net providers to resolve transport, outage and CPE-caused issues including cooperative testing
- Leads chronic issue investigations for customer-specific and provider-specific issues. Coordinates with Engineer 4 and Tech 4 to implement resolution
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of product life cycle. Demonstrates aptitude for product design and network architecture
- Able to identify root cause trends and further analyze deep tech data and drive to resolution Identifies knowledge,-training and documentation gaps for lower tiers of support and works with training, technical writers and implementation teams to close gaps
- Manages small to medium technical projects to completion. Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization. Refines group process, delegates tasks, represents team on a project call
- Works service impacting escalations from the Engineers 1, 2 and other internal departments
- Makes configurations changes as necessary /applicable
- Develops and delivers technical training
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Telecommunications
- Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNA Wi-Fi, Juniper JNCIA or similar industry certifications
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer