Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading the Test & Turn Up team in designing, testing, and turning up circuits in all regions of the CDV and/or Commercial Services network. Resolves all first level escalations in an organized and timely fashion and escalates issues to leadership in a timely manner, as needed. May direct work priorities and delegate tasks to the team. Provides project management and status updates. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Designs internal circuits and oversees CDV demark to switch. Includes port assignments both in databases and in the physical network elements.
- Tests and turns up new circuits in a production CDV and/or Commercial Services environment, according to Comcast practices. May recommend new practices and procedures, as necessary.
- Executes operation practices to support a carrier class network with a fabric.
- Analyzes operations and work performance to assure operation efficiencies.
- Coordinates and resolves service issues with providers and vendors to ensure accurate and timely implementation of new trunk groups and augments to existing trunk groups.
- Coordinates and implements new features, technologies, upgrades, and patches in the production environment with respect to circuit design, turn up, and test.
- Escalates critical issues that may jeopardize turn up of a new trunk group or augment to an existing trunk group to management or third parties.
- Coordinates with leadership and internal customers to develop best in class process and workload distribution.
- Provides expertise and guidance to junior team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer