Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for providing system architectures and solutions to bring to
market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Leads
engineering functions as they relate to the planning, design,
integration, test, deployment and support of products. Assists with
testing and operational activities. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Partners with engineering project manager to provide consultative
direction and develops long term objectives and plans to determine
resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures,
third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams
to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined
requirements. Establishes and maintains working relationships within
NE&TO, Product Development teams, joint ventures, vendors and
- Participates in Company product lifecycle process. Contributes to
and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design
documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems
definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Understands key business drivers and applies the knowledge of
internal/external business issues to improve products and services.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team,
worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned
into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete
solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify
- Provides guidance for the performance and reliability of various
cross-platform applications and services. Ensures that system failures
are restored in a timely manner.
- Participates in the review of failures and provides feedback to
prevent future occurrences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer