Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast Technology and Product Security team is looking to expand our enterprise endpoint team. This is a Principle position focusing on applications to audit systems throughout Comcast including auditing of Windows, Unix, Juniper, Cisco, ESXi, firewalls, and VPNs. You are responsible for engineering, monitoring, and maintenance of tools within the auditing ecosystem. You will own the full life cycle of security endpoint systems and resolution of operational and security incidents. This includes investigating security breaches to determine root cause and provides improvement plans to prevent future breaches. Interfacing with vendors, business partners, technical support teams, and peer security operations organizations. Acting in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Providing technical leadership to junior operational and project teams. You will integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Passionate about endpoint security including endpoint protection, zero day threats, advanced persistent threats, data loss prevention, and compliance.
- Drives security issues through to closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance updates for endpoint security products. Maintains product release process ensuring updates are thoroughly tested including back out plans. Identifies and isolate issues. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Liaise with system engineering teams, compliance, and vulnerability management teams to develop policies and secure builds.
- Implement security policies to audit and report findings to stakeholders.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different security disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including design, testing, deployment, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows, measure effectiveness of products and monitor health of systems. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to support teams and vendors on defects and required enhancements.
- Identifies and recommends areas requiring change or modification.
- May need to some work nights and weekends for on-call and system maintenance windows.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix Operating Systems
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Experience working in virtualized environments
- Excellent communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
- Great design and problem solving skills
- Adaptable, proactive and driven to take ownership
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Knowledge of PCI and SOX requirements
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in technology or security field
Years of Experience:Generally requires 5-7 years of information security experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.