Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast Technology and Product Security (T&PS) is looking to expand their Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) program to protect proprietary Comcast data from being inadvertently exposed in the "cloud." This "Principal" security engineer position is within the Network Security Engineering team and will be responsible for leading the engineering and operational efforts including overseeing the work performed by Managed Security Services (MSS) resources. Work with internal Comcast staff and third party vendors to support the Plan-Build-Run model of Comcast's CASB platform. Work collaboratively with business units for seamless adoption and deployment of CASB technology across the Comcast footprint. Comcast's 130K+ employees and contractors use cloud services on a daily basis to do their job. This role acts in compliance with industry and company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Act as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. Provide technical leadership, design guidance and mentorship to junior team members. Define long-term technology roadmaps and ensures compliance with all internal and external policies and standards.
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs
- Drives security issues through to closure engaging necessary stakeholders
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for designing and architecting platform solutions to handle future growth and implement new functionalities as they become available
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture
- Responsible for interacting with Comcast business units and socializing EKM program with business stakeholders. Partner closely with business units to ensure security program goals and objectives are well understood
- Lead the integration of projects into operations including design, testing, deployment, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Create data and metric systems to track operational workflows, measure effectiveness of products and monitor health of systems. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Lead technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues
- Play a key role in working with product vendor for proper tool functioning and ensure product related issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Perform complex and routine maintenance updates of technology platforms
- Ensure 7x24 system and services availability
- Perform daily infrastructure health checks, along with debugging and fixing system issues as they arise
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix Operating Systems
- Experience deploying and configuring virtualized environments
- Proven hands-on experience with one or more the information security solutions such as Web Proxy/NGFW/Email Security Gateways, SIEM, SAML/SSO, DLP, Data Encryption technology
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the cloud services such as Salesforce, Office 365, BOX, Slack, Github, AWS, Azure
- Excellent communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
- Great design and problem solving skills
- Adaptable, proactive and driven to take ownership
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment
- Knowledge of PCI and SOX requirements
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in technology or security field
Years of Experience:Generally requires 10+ years of information security experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.