Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2017 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. Fiserv serves thousands of clients worldwide, including financial institutions ranging from the largest banks to neighborhood financial institutions. This marks the fourth consecutive year Fiserv has been awarded this prestigious recognition and fifth time in the last six years. This year, Fiserv ranked at the top of its category for innovation and rated highly for financial soundness, long-term investment value and quality of management. These acknowledgements reflect Fiserv leadership as an innovator and expert in fintech, as well as the company's focus on creating value for clients, associates and shareholders.
"A large part of our mission is to enable our clients to deliver financial technology solutions and customer experiences that enhance differentiation and build their businesses. It is an honor to be recognized as one of the Most Admired Companies in the world for the fourth year in a row. I am so proud of our 23,000 associates worldwide who bring their very best to Fiserv for the benefit of our clients every day." - Jeffery Yabuki, President
We are seeking an Engagement Manager responsible for aligning the delivery organization to the sales proposal and ensuring Fiserv’s ability to deliver the solution on 1) large, multi-product engagements or 2) a portfolio of projects for a specific client. Large, bundled programs are defined as multiple product implementations crossing multiple business areas combined with software development, systems integration and data conversion and/or custom product development. Engagement Managers play a critical leadership role and serve as an escalation point internally and externally for the program. In addition, the Engagement Manager is the executive level communicator with the Client throughout the program lifecycle.
As the Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for delivering within specified time, cost, quality, and contract parameters and ensuring client satisfaction. Scope of responsibility includes oversight and management of multiple programs and/or products, leveraging various skill-sets ensuring a consistent usage of standard program management practices. You will provide overall leadership, vision, strategic planning and oversight of the execution of plans to ensure successful delivery against the overall delivery roadmap. The Engagement Manager role will give you the opportunity to exercise a wide variety of skills and experiences as the role exercises your program management knowledge, your experience with large multi-product implementations and software development, relationship management, consulting and process improvement/organizational change, which empowers you as a leader to deliver on the promise of One Fiserv.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Formulates, gains alignment, and executes on program approach, end state vision and roadmap for the program.
- Builds and fosters a high performance matrix Fiserv team ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery through direct management and overall coordination of all program related projects and tracks of work.
- Builds and fosters client relationships and seen as a single point of escalation during implementation to build referenceable clients. Develops and maintains strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with external (e.g. primary interface with the client program leadership) and internal key stakeholders/customers across groups and/or business units to maximize effectiveness and influence.
- Aligns the sales proposal, client expectations, Legal (Contract), Finance (Billing), and scope to ensure the solution is effectively understood by all parties in terms of the solution to be delivered.
- Ensures a holistic view by coordinating with and monitoring all impacted business processes to support the transition from sales to delivery and from delivery to operational support.
- Ensures predictable, consistent, and successful enterprise solution delivery by establishing joint agreement of the foundational Engagement Control components including establishing mechanisms to set and manage expectations and ensure on-going control of the program:
- Governance: Organizational alignment formalizing overall team structure, roles and responsibilities, and escalation procedures. Determines, in collaboration with the various areas, the delivery roadmap, staffing plan, roles, skills, and allocation of the delivery team. Determines if additional staffing is needed for meeting targeted program timelines and maintaining a program timeline with milestones.
- Communication Plan: Framework with regard to how information is distributed; types of meetings (Fiserv and Fiserv/Client) and alignment of associated tools. Communicates program information and status to the executives and stakeholders, and provides engagement oversight of the program related projects and tracks of work. Acts as internal point of coordination for discussions relating to approach and solution and is the primary escalation point prior to executive involvement.
- Project/Program Management: Status Reporting, Integrated Schedule, Action & Issue, Risk, Decision and Change Management. Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
- Champions the Enterprise Solution Delivery (ESD) process and the effective utilization of best practices in the field through coaching and mentoring to ensure methodology and approach are consistently implemented across the business. Additionally, the Engagement Manager gathers feedback on the enterprise solution delivery results; analyzes feedback, identifies and determines global implications and provides recommended improvements based on the learnings into future enterprise solution delivery.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent work experience.
Job Related Experience:
- 7+ years of senior project management experience with at least 3 years of program management experience delivering multiple product implementations crossing multiple businesses.
- 3+ years of experience with a distributed team environment; matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams.
- Experience in client facing consulting / professional services.
- Experience in custom software product development, systems integration, and/or software implementation services.
- Experience in driving large scale change efforts.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, MS Visio and Project Management tools.
- Excellent consulting, client relationship and communication skills, written and verbal, including expressing ideas clearly and logically to all levels within the organization; the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers in a clear manner. Includes the ability to interact with all levels within the organization (internal and external) with attention to detail, quality, professionalism, and brand compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to pick up on nuances of client interaction and communications and demonstrated ability to lead complex matrix teams across geographic and business unit boundaries including the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, resolve conflicts, and mange problems.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and strategic partnerships with external and internal key stakeholders/customers across diverse groups.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills with the ability to deal with multiple constituencies and manage multiple simultaneous objectives.
- Excellent negotiation, conflict, and judgment skills to balance Fiserv and Client goals to ensure overall objectives are met.
- 50% to client site, incremental for internal meetings as needed.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) awareness.
- Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired.
- Six Sigma training desired.
- Fiserv experience a plus.
- Process management/improvement in the area of solution/implementation delivery methodologies strongly preferred.
- Varied and inconsistent by client site.
- Remote from home office.