Job DescriptionEngagement Manager - Reporting Solutions
At IQVIA™, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don't simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader - a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We're committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IQVIA means you'll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table.Department:
IQ 20/20 is one of the fastest growing Business Intelligence platforms among Pharmaceutical and Bio-tech firms. We deliver hosted business intelligence dashboard solutions that are dynamic, highly customized, and interactive and can handle billions of rows of data. Our clients love our product and the service we provide around it. Our department maintains a get-it-done mentality, having the feel of a startup while being a part of a very successful global company.Role Summary:
The IQ team is in need of an Engagement Manager join our ranks to help maintain and extend our Business Intelligence platform that powers all of our deliverables. We create the platform, other teams engage the clients and implement the solutions. We are a code-first environment, choosing to write our own components rather than using off-the-shelf or open-source.Summary
Ideal candidate must have 7+ years of experience working as a project / engagement manager responsible for managing projects, ideally, in the life sciences, pharmaceutical commercial operations, data space.
- Manage Implementations. Teams can vary from 5 to 10 people both on and off shore.
- Create and manage project plans; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success
- Conducting project/program kick off meeting reviewing the scope of delivery, communication protocols and establishing the rules of engagement for the delivery.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the project from kick off to transition in production environment, owing the delivery.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and assist with the creation of project deliverables, as needed
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
- Manage engagement scope throughout engagement lifecycle including assessment to re-estimate if necessary at every milestone of the delivery.
- Identifies, requests, and manages project team resources including full time employees and contractors as needed for the delivery
- Evaluate the project for any risks on a continual basis along with identifying mitigation strategy for each identified risk
- Manages all client communication for the engagement including change in scope, timelines and cost
- Ensures quality of all client deliverables during engagement
- Secure client signoff of requirements and schedule
- Manages change management process throughout the engagement
- Communicates project status, issues and risks at approved upon frequency - to internal stakeholders as well as to the customer
- Periodically assess the heath of the project assigned and to work with the team to address the needs
- Conducts Lessons Learned session at the close of the project and feed into the group for subsequent projects.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience working as project manager.
- Understand reporting, data, dashboards and technologies around designing reporting solutions.
- Proficiency in creating project schedule for highly complex delivery projects having multiple interconnected work streams.
- Ability to multi-task balancing work needed across multiple (typically 2 - 3) projects at the same time, effectively under pressure
- Strong in verbal and written communication to interact with multiple layers of business and technical stake holders
- Experience managing delivery projects involving industry leading BI tools like Microstrategy, Qlik, Tableau, Cognos, Oracle business intelligence (OBIE) is a plus
- Strong proficiency leading BI and Data deliveries and ability to effectively interface with technical leads and analysts.
- Well versed with use of office products like Word, Power Point, Excel etc.
- Demonstrated history of delivering high quality results on schedule and within budget.
- Manage and communicate with remote team members during non-traditional business hours, in an on/off shore model.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel when needed (15%) towards the projects delivery - either to different IQVIA locations or to customer location.