Engine Field Service Technician, Level II
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest product updates.
This is an exciting opportunity in Minot, ND for a Engine Field Service Technician. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as High-horsepower GenSets, Integrated Power Systems, and PowerCommand panels in the Commercial Industrial, Data Center, and Prime Power markets while working in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
- Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to engines at the customer's site.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships and educating customers on operations and maintenance of products
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
- Familiar with basic warranty/policy terms
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Basic level field service work experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
Ideal Candidates will have the following experience:
- Position will be based in Williston, ND
- Experience with Cummins QSK 30 to QSK 78 motors as well as experience with KTA 38 and QST 30 motors
- Experience with heavy duty on highway truck and emissions.
- 1 years of on the job experience with Diesel Engines, including CAT, Detroit, MTU, Cummins or others
- 1 years of on the job experience with complete engine rebuilds (must have rebuilt engines from the block)
- 1 years of on the job experience with High Horse Power Diesel or Natural Gas engines, (30 Liter and up)
Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
Must abide by all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.