Engine Field Service Technician, Level III
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This senior level role is both customer- and mentor-focused with opportunities to move into management or training with travel to other Service facilities.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
• Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
• Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
• Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
• Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
• Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments .
Skills and Experience Required:
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair engines in shop environment without direct supervision.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams.
• Understand all safety aspects.
• Ability to operate all standard service tools plus electrical testing equipment.
• Ability to work with detailed information under considerable time limitations and with minimal supervision.
• Possesses all the troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair capabilities of a highly-skilled technician involving diesel engine, engine governor, generator and engine control gear and electrical power switching mechanisms and their control.
• Proficient in Windows XP; other computer software as required including Business Management System (BMS) and Outlook.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or community college graduates preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in repair and maintenance work of automotive engines
• Proficient in systematically troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing emergency power systems and related mechanical/electrical components.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring and schematic diagrams.
• Thorough understanding of single phase and three phase AC electrical schemes.
• Ability to properly and safely use and maintain common hand tools and electrical testing equipment.
All drivers operating a company vehicle must be at least 21 years old; if the truck is a commercial motor vehicle per FMCSA regulation, the driver is required to hold or able to obtain a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL*).
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins