- Technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to engine products at the customer's site.
- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists or supervisor.
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
Skill Level A
Level II Technician plus:
Ability to train Service Personnel to develop their diagnostic skills
Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
Able to understand and follow the Technical Support Request ((TSR) process
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
Ability to guide / coach other service technicians (including non-Cummins technicians) through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
Can resolve complex technical problems Education, Licenses, Certifications
Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
Locally valid driving permit Experience
Significant field service work experience
Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
Customer service experience
Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to take care of the customer? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.