Aviation Military Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Engine Reclamation Program Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Engine Reclamation Program Leader demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within this functional area, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
In addition you will :
* Responsible for managing and developing exchange and sale based reclamation solutions for all Military Customer Services customers including US and foreign Governments
* Work with internal sourcing functions, reclamation vendors and customers to satisfy their reclamation requirements and generate purchase credits for use in procuring GE hardware
* Work with customers to determine appropriate products to apply credits
* Cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations and within GE
* Contribute to defining and implementing sourcing and reclamation strategies to increase orders volume and profitability
* Leverage cross-functional and cross business resources in order to maximize reclamation program management efficiency
* Provide customers with timely responses to reclamation offers
* Enable customers to utilize accumulated credits as quickly as practical
* Provide Team Leadership support in using/implementing the export license process when supporting foreign government requirements
* Refine program structure based on lessons learned and incorporating those improvements in contracts and Memorandums of Agreement with our customers and vendors
Additional Duties May involve :
* Support GE sourcing to ensure all GE costs are covered in the reclamation process
* Establish routine communications with reclamation customers to provide processing updates and credit utilization information
* Expedite customer offer letters for reclaimable materials, and final disposition and material value for processed hardware
* Domestic and International travel
* Data analysis
* Development of a working knowledge of Metal market trends & research
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Services)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in supply chain, engineering, sourcing, or project management functions (including working with international customers and vendors)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
* Working knowledge of client organization and practices
* Knowledge of GE Department of Defense procedures
* Experience in depot and fleet level engine overhaul operations
* Experience with Continual Process Improvement and Cycle Time Reduction tool sets
* Experience with computer systems and digital productivity tools
* Commitment to customer satisfaction
* Strong program management and financial acumen
* General knowledge of GE military jet engine products and configurations
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Lynn is the home of the first U.S. jet engine thanks in part to relationships with material science researchers at nearby MIT. This continued relationship allows us to focus on product improvement. GE Aviation still a major employer in Lynn, assembling small commercial, military and marine engines in this Boston suburb. As a result, over 4,200 GE employees now call this historic area "home." Take the MBTA commuter rail into the nearby city of Boston. Several parks including the largest municipal park in New England, as well as the Lynn Beach offer resident relaxation.Learn more about our New England community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.