Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary People!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Expectations for the Portland-based Technician :
- Completes troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop independently while coaching and developing less experienced technicians
- Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex repairs
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engine
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adheres to and ensures adherence of more junior technicians to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - Cummins is where you need to be.Qualifications:
Skill Level A
Level II Technician plus:
- Ability to train Service Personnel to develop their diagnostic skills
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
- Can resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities.
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
Advanced level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.