Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary People!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Expectations for the Portland-based Workshop Engine Technician :
- Completes preventative maintenance and/or basic repair activities on engines and related components at the customer site with minimal direction.
- Engages with customer in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets and warranty claims via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation.
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then Cummins
is where you need to be.Qualifications: Skills
Skill Level A
- Broad mechanical repair and maintenance capability - Apprentice Certified Diesel (Preferred)
- Capable of external engine mechanical repair and maintenance with minimal supervision - practical exposure to working on diesel engines
- Awareness of Quick Serve Process
- Able to understand basic computer use
- Able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Able to understand written instructions
- Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any required safety training and Job Safety Assessment process, Can resolve basic technical problems
- Able to work within quality standards
- Capable of developing effective working relationships
- Ability to use general numerical principles
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ability to carry out basic repairs and scheduled maintenance on different engine product types without supervision
- Able to understand diagnostic tools
- Awareness and ability to access Cummins service support tools (such as Quick Serve On Line) and understanding of Microsoft Software
- Able to prepare required documentation to the standard required
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred).
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution.
- Locally valid driving permit.
Compensation and Benefits
- Minimal level of workshop related experience required.
- Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products.
- Locally valid driving permit.
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins