Engine Workshop Technician - Apprentice
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career. This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest products and updates.
This is an exciting opportunity in Oklahoma City, OK for an Engine Workshop Technician. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as 40hp to 2500 hp engines or onan gensets. An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
Skills and Experience Required:
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
Qualifications: Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Assist with general workshop activities while completing on the job and classroom based training.
- Learns Standard Repair Times (SRTs) and follows documented procedures and policies to complete basic repairs and maintenance
- Assist in cleaning, disassembling and other basic workshop activities
- Assists with completing required documentation, such as work completed documentation and time sheets via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Physical Requirements (times are approximate)
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimal level of work shop experience required or basic level knowledge of engine products.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Must have hand tools to perform most basic repairs.
- Possess complete knowledge of branch and Company operations and policies.
- Ability to understand and practice safety policies.
- Vocational school experience a plus.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
Standing 7.5 hours per day • Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day • Sitting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting up to a maximum of 100 pounds • Bending 3.0 hours per day • Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.