Engine Workshop Technician Level I
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This entry-level role for the Engine Workshop Technician Level I is filled with variety and learning beyond the technology in our engines, you'll quickly learn about safety and diagnostic tools, as well as our newest product updates.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
• Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
• Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
• Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
• Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
The Engine Workshop Technician - Level I has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. Engine Workshop Technician - Level I will Completes repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under supervision
• Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
• Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
• Advise the Service Supervisor of parts needed for necessary repairs.
• Document detailed, complete and legible descriptions of all repair operations performed, using required all forms and procedures.
• Accurately record time, expenses, and mileage.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
• Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• All other duties as required.
• Applies documented procedures and policies to complete basic repairs and schedule maintenance, including preparing required parts and tools
• Disassemble and clean engines and /or engine components
• Assists with completion required documentation, such as work completed documentation, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten forms or business system input screens
• Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
• Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
• Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
• Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
• Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
• Minimal level of work shop experience required
• Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
• Broad mechanical and /or electrical repair and maintenance capability - Apprentice Certified Diesel (Preferred)
• Ability to carry out basic repairs and scheduled maintenance on different product types without supervision
• Able to understand diagnostic tools
• Awareness of Quick Serve Process
• Awareness and ability to access Cummins service support tools (such as Quick Serve On Line) and understanding of Microsoft Software
• Able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing and to use general numeric principles
• Able to understand written instructions
• Able to prepare required documentation to the standard required
• Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any requires safety training and the Job Safety Assessment process
• Able to work within quality standards
• Capable of developing effective working relationships
• Can resolve basic technical problems
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
• Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
• Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
• No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
• No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
• No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
• Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.