ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Perform repairs on basic model engines and sub-assemblies. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Handle complete repair jobs of basic model engines and sub-assemblies. Must be able to complete most normal repair operations in standard repair time allowances.
- Complete required shop paperwork and processes including shop service orders.
- Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
- Properly use parts books, service manuals and QuickServe online.
- Successfully complete all required courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, LLC. Continually improve upon technical ability by home study courses, service and parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
- Be familiar with technician's responsibility while working on a job subject to warranty.
- Continue job progression to Utility level within 36 months.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Possess basic knowledge of engine models. Ability to assemble and disassemble each model engine encountered at the branch. Recognize faulty running engines and make all necessary adjustments on same models.
- Ability to identify, remove and install, repair, test and adjust all major sub-assemblies of basic engines.
- Possess knowledge of warranty policies.
- Process complete knowledge of all tools and equipment in shop. Be able to use and make repairs to all tools and equipment.
- Must have hand tools to perform most basic repairs.
- Possess complete knowledge of branch and Company operations and policies.
- Ability to understand and practice safety policies.
- Vocational school experience a plus.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
WORKING CONDITIONS : Describe extraordinary conditions that are associated with the essential elements of the job (e.g. work space, hazardous conditions, environmental conditions, etc.)
Work in a repair shop subject to diesel exhaust fumes. Frequently work under vehicles and in close quarter of engine compartments. Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.