Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for building, managing, operating, and continuously improving Systems, Storage, Database, and/or Tools Infrastructure that support Comcast's customer facing applications, back office, and provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment. Focuses on architecting, building, deploying, and stabilizing code, services, systems, and tool. Drives standardization and service-focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise. Resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary and partners/leads vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Contributes to command and control related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated agencies when necessary to address issues across the infrastructure. May participate on 24/7 on-call rotation. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Develops solutions for moderate to difficult systems engineering problems. Given enough time, can solve most problems without sufficient documentation readily available. Makes corrections and adds to documentation as necessary to maintain proper procedures and engineering documents.
- Operating Systems & Disk Management responsibilities (if applicable): recommends disk partition layouts, Operating Systems, and hardware platforms. Possesses basic familiarity with Operating System internals and can recommend tuning settings. Troubleshoots and understands kernel and OS-level processes. Builds software packages to automate deployments and updates.
- Creates basic task automation scripts in Shell, Perl, VBscript, or similar. May manage servers remotely in a distributed environment.
- Database Platform Management responsibilities (if applicable): Displays advanced understanding of database concepts, availability, performance, usage, and configuration. Performs database backups, recoveries, and restores. Understands database software interaction with OS. Sets up and troubleshoots standard replication. Understands storage allocation impact on database performance. Conducts comprehensive DNMS performance and capacity monitoring, tuning, and analysis. Recommends database configurations. Develops DBMS solutions to a wide range of applications, problems, or procedures. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with the organization's objectives.
- Participates in logical and physical database design reviews.
- Storage and Backup responsibilities (if applicable): Performs backups, recoveries, and restores. Understands SAN/HBA software interaction with OS. Sets up and troubleshoots standard storage functions. Understands storage allocation impact on system performance. Conducts comprehensive performance and capacity monitoring, tuning, and analysis.
- Scripting and Development responsibilities (if applicable): Develops software in 1-2 modern languages. Creates small-to-medium sized scripts, based on clear requirements and existing architecture/design, toautomate co mmon system/application functions such as monitoring, dataanalysis, or software deployment.
- Networking responsibilities (if applicable): Installs and configures application software on servers following prescribed instructions. Understands basic layer-4/7 switch functionality and can help troubleshoot problems. Uses knowledge of networking and TCP/IP filtering to facilitate firewall and ACL requests. Correlates application-layer metrics and network device metrics, such as throughput, response time, congestion, dropped messages, queue depth measurement, and lost data.
- Application Technologies responsibilities (Web Servers, J2EE, Applications Servers) (if applicable): Takes application specific tracing/debugging. Examines application logs and looks for specific application errors. Checks application metrics (congestion, delay stats, unreachables) for assigned subsystems. Sets up/commission alarms. Uses Opsware and other related tools. Participates fully in subsystem Ops reviews, scaling discussions, and subsystem metrics analysis. Installs SSL certificates for all supported web servers.
- Actively participates in problem resolution, using knowledge about systems which are under his or her direct control. Uses a methodical troubleshooting approach.
- Proactively works with development to add additional elements to the application to continually improve monitors. Monitors system health and quality on a daily basis and provides appropriate action. Collaborates with the Service desk/NOC to ensure full understanding of the alarms and remediation steps. Independently sets up metrics collections, advanced logging/filters.
- Utilizes time management and project management skills to resolve issues in a timely and organized manner, effectively communicating necessary information.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer