Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for contributing in troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems & overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance with industry & Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge. Available as on point & team support for designated shift.
- Support Product engineering teams on Application and network architecture in the arena of IMS, Broadsoft, MGW, and 911 Emergency Services
- Interoperability and interconnection testing in the Production environment
- Ability to troubleshoot/repair all but the most complex issues following protocol and support maintenance activities as required with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Lead technical outage bridges/engage appropriate resources to drive issues to closure.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes.
- Ensures duties/behavior complies with Company/department standards.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback.
- Analyze data and metrics, identify problem areas & provides actionable insight.
- Contributes to changes/growth; providing seamless & minimal impact to team/partners
- Analyzes problems & offers better alternatives in process, design &/or configuration
- Provides training and guidance to team members as needed
- Attains industry standard certifications and education
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular & consistent attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable
- Ability to be organized in a highly volatile environment & work ever changing priorities
- Ensures commitment to Regulatory Compliance needs which are a critical priority & subject to fines
- Ability to communicate professionally with external customers according to established protocol
- Acts as 24/7 customer support for critical issues based on an on call schedule or during emergencies
- 1+ years in a NOC & 3+ years in-depth troubleshooting experience of complex large scale enterprise application server environment(s).
- Experience in an ISP-like environment involving 24/7 support is HIGHLY desirable, as well as experience in formal ticketing systems and a demonstrated ability to work in a metrics based service desk that tracks progress through analytics
- In-depth knowledge of OSI layers 1-7 and an ability to troubleshoot and categorize issues accordingly and then engage the appropriate fix agents in a timely manner if they are not able to affect a fix
- Must have an understanding of the various components of a large scale enterprise system such as: IP routing, TCP traffic analysis, application flows, switches, web servers, web services, DHCP, DNS, SQL/RDB backend systems, IP Management, LDAP, HTML/XML
- Solaris/LINUX/UNIX Certification &/or WebLogic Certification
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience, or 5+ years work &/or industry related experience.
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.