GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world's energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Engineer 2 - Field Services Technician
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Engineer 2 - Field Services Technician is an experienced role supporting our Field Services Group in performing installation, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance on electrical distribution equipment. The role will need to have knowledge of electrical distribution systems and demonstrated experiences in servicing.
As the Engineer 2 - Field Services Technician, you will:
* Utilize the appropriate PPE and maintain a safe working environment adhering to the highest level of safety standards meeting GE and customer safety standards
* Maintain knowledge of, and conduct work activities in compliance with, the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy
* Assist field engineers by performing on-site installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repair and calibration of electrical distribution equipment
* Perform administrative function such as: writing technical reports, preparing job status reports, timesheet and expense submittal on a timely and accurate basis
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience)
* Minimum of 5 years of experience servicing (installing, troubleshooting, repairing or calibrating) one of more of the following electrical distribution equipment: UPS, ATS, PSG, switchboard, low voltage circuit breakers, medium voltage circuit breakers, motor starter or relaysELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
* Ability and willingness to travel at least 30% of the time with some overnight stays, as required
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
* Demonstrated working knowledge of the following test equipment: hi-current test set, power factor test set, ductor, meggar, multimeter and I / R camera
* Prior military experience
* Service experience with GE, Square-D, Siemens or Cutler Hammer electrical distribution equipment
* Experience working in a customer service environment
* Excellent PC Skills - Specifically MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel and Word
* Detail orientated with good analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience working in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work in team environment
* Self-starter, energetic and ambitious
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and meet key deadlines
* Effective oral and communication skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.