FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
We are looking for a solid Software Engineer to join our expanding Core Platform team. The main responsibility will be designing, coding, and documenting scalable RESTful APIs using Node.js, Golang, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, and RabbitMQ on a Linux (Debian) platform. Part of the job will be close collaboration with other Development, QA, and Product Management teams in an Agile software development environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent Experience
- Generally requires 2+ years related coding experience
- Solid software engineer with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with relational databases and database design (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience with any *nix flavor (Linux, Unix, Mac OS), including shell scripting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Eager to learn, detail oriented, flexible and can work well in a global team-oriented environment
- Experience with deployment/container tools such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, Salt
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with nginx and haproxy
- Experience with Redis and/or RabbitMQ
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum, Kanban) environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer