Contract Engineering / Manufacturing Liaison
• Responsible for supporting Chiller Solutions electronics manufacturing excellence as a liaison between engineering design and manufacturing processes.
• The engineering liaison provides expertise in the manufacturing area of advanced assembly and provides manufacturing support of functional test/programming equipment and processes.
• Under general supervision and with intermittent review, this position will be serving as a liaison between the engineering and manufacturing departments. Evaluates and resolves engineering related production problems related to manufacturing, design, quality and material engineering.
• Resolves test yield problems by performing analysis of root causes, developing and coordinating corrective action measures and monitoring improvements.
• Identify preventable actions and share knowledge with others to eliminate reoccurring issues.
• Trouble shoot PCB design issues and prototype bring up.
• Identifies issues in engineering and manufacturing and utilizes resources for resolution (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality).
• Assists in and/or monitors the design and development process by coordinating between various engineering and manufacturing departments.
• Additional functions and other duties as assigned or required.
• Provide liaison support to Manufacturing for production problem resolution and assist and or coordinate any subsequent next level engagement required from Engineering, Manufacturing and customers.
• Provide status and progress reports to project team, and management.
• Support continuous improvement processes and initiatives in functional areas of responsibility.
• Acts as the liaison between manufacturing functional test/programming and Test Engineering (in-house and out of house).
• Analyzes manufacturing test and programming processes and methods for cost-reduction and quality improvement.
• Knowledgeable of DOE, FMEA, Gage R&R, Process Flow Diagrams, and Design for test.
• Detailed oriented with excellent organizational, problem solving and analysis skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter who works well independently and in group setting.
• Well organized and ability to multi-task.
• Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data results through thorough documentation processes.
• Validate test methods.
• Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by electronic or software engineering, and management personnel.
• Trains and instructs floor support, test technicians and test operators on test hardware and/or software, as well as proper problem solving techniques.
• Good verbal and written communications skills (English and Spanish).
• Experience in manufacturing/assembly environment.
• Knowledge/understanding of Engineering drafting standards and practices.
• Experience in engineering and design disciplines/environment, and in reviewing schematics, specifications and other engineering data.
• Strong problem solving and decision makes skills.
• Ability to create and deliver technical presentations and reports to various levels of the organization.
• Proficient with MS Office products and tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Required to have a BS degree in one of these fields: Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering; with 4-8 years of experience.
• Ability to understand technical drawings, data sheets, and written/verbal work instructions.
• Strong knowledge of Electronic PCB Assembly Process standards (IPC) and ISO quality systems.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
• Travel Percentage Required - 20-30%.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.