With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Provide engineering support toward the design, development, installation, startup, validation and maintenance of products, processes and equipment. Provide engineering skills within a specialty field(s). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Research, develop and prepare specifications for improvements to existing and/or new products, processes, equipment and technology.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and thorough manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Support projects by contributing as a team member to the development of project schedules, costs, preparing status reports, attending team meetings and communicating issues and progress to management.
- Provide input to RCIs.
- Assist in the supervision of contract personnel and outside vendors in the performance of contracted services.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates within the Engineering organization.
- Supervise daily activities of all levels of Engineering Aides.
- Provide direction and technical decision making for management involving capital asset purchases and expenses for projects and/or strategic activities involving up to $500,000 (capital/expense/revenue potentials).
- Moderate degree of both internal and external personnel interfaces.
- Prepare specifications and protocols for the development, testing and qualification of equipment, processes and products.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Understanding of basic statistics and its application in Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of GMPs.
- Software packages such as spreadsheets and word processors.
- Knowledge of engineering practices, acquired either on the job or through education, related to the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Use of computer and peripherals related to the specialty area.
- Ability to work with vendors to develop work schedules and tasks within the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills to run small projects within the individual's area of specialty(s).
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to analyze, investigate and propose approaches to technical issues within the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written, project activities to supervisor.
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting skills related to the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Ability to learn the use of specialized equipment utilized in the troubleshooting, development, testing and qualification of equipment, processes and products.
- Ability to write specifications and protocols for the development, testing and qualification of equipment, processes and products.
- BS degree with at least 2-3 years engineering experience.
- Limited domestic and/or international travel may be required
- BS degree in Engineering with at least one year experience in Pharmaceutical Engineering position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-EC1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.