Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors, engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.