Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Telephony Engineer 3 is a classification within Voice Engineering for personnel that possess and demonstrates intermediate-to advanced knowledge and proficiency level required to perform their assigned job functions and responsibilities. In addition, the Voice Engineer 3 also possess an intermediate working knowledge of three-to-four other functional disciplines within the Voice Engineering department. This classification spans all departments (listed below) within Voice Engineering and is not tied to a specific discipline that the engineer performs.
Applicable Voice Engineering functional areas:
911 Design & Administration
Dial Plan Engineering &Switch Administration
Voice Switch Design & Sustained Engineering
Strategic Product Planning
Strategic Network Planning
The Telephony Engineer 3 should be expected to work independently with limited supervision and general instructions for assigned tasks.
- Possesses intermediate-to-advanced working knowledge of telephony principles for the Voice Engineering functions for which they are assigned to support. In addition, possesses a general working knowledge of three to four other functional areas within the Voice Engineering team.
- Possesses intermediate-to-advanced analytical skills, process development skills, and project management skills.
- Possesses intermediate-to-advanced communications skills required to work effectively with their peers, business partners, and management to fulfill their core job responsibilities.
- Possesses intermediate-to-advanced ability to resolve challenges encountered when performing their job responsibilities. Minimal supervisory assistance is required to develop solutions to challenges encountered.
- Requires minimal developmental training to hone skills in functional area, analytical skills, process developmental skills, project management skills, and other corporate fundamental practices and procedures.
- Consistently works to increase understanding and responsibility through actively seeking out opportunities to support their functional team, manager and department.
- Works under limited supervision with general instructions on how to complete assignments.
- Assists in providing training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Follows outlined processes and procedures and assists in the development of process or procedural enhancements when they are identified
- Requires minimal oversight to ensure that their functional output is thorough and complete
- Must be a team player and possess effective team work and coordination skills.
- Maintains professionalism while performing all job duties/functions assigned.
- May function as team lead on projects or initiatives, sometimes initiating work assignments. Takes ownership of initiated work assignments and drives them to completion within the team.
- Works closely with external departments to insure all activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assumes leadership role in situations where projects they participate in are at a standstill, regardless of their responsibility or role in the project.
Education Level Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Related Work Experience
Field of study Engineering
Related work Experience Telephony Engineering
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer