Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for analyzing business processes / requirements as they relate to information presented on, or interacted with a customer portal. Delivers on planning, designing, configuring and developing new software. Analyzes, configures, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Ensures documentation of all development activity.Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.Acts as a key contributor in complex programs / projects. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Advise on, gather and define current and future business requirements that best reflect customer needs, based on product capabilities and best practices, ensuring high business value and influencing the interconnections between the business processes, technology, data and people.
- Ability to collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis. Facilitates and leads the business requirements and solution mapping workshops. Conducts analysis to determine configuration / integration needs.
- Designs architectural roadmaps for Customer portal and Enterprise Integration services, while analyzing business requirements and collaborating with end users.
- Leads end to end journey to execute blue print-research, proof of concepts, software prototyping, compatibility tests and analysis, technology introduction.
- Evaluates technology, security, performance, availability and interoperability requirements and product high level infrastructure design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable and secure.
- Identifies necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, operational concerns) and participates in the development of conceptual architecture.
- Presents and shares technology guidance on evolution of applications/systems and adoption of newer technologies by describing its benefits to executive leadership.
- Proven ability to select methods and techniques that meet technical requirements within the context of best practices and make recommendations to achieve targeted objectives.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and configures current applications. Facilitates solutions design walkthroughs and obtains business approval, ensuring business inputs such as processes, GUI and reporting requirements are available and validated with all key impacted users.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to all levels of an organization to aid in decision making and understanding through written, verbal, and presentation mediums.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Leverage deep business and technology knowledge and experience, using this experience and intuition to identify requirements, assess capability gaps and propose possible solution approach and/ or new capabilities that the project, iteration or work effort should deliver. Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software/solution on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience covering at least three of the following areas: architecture, requirements & design, software development, testing, application support.
- Telecom (preferred) or other service related experience with a good blend of both functional and technical skills in enterprise ecosystem and architecture.
- 3+ years' experience architecting and delivering customer facing portal solutions.
- Experience with integrating customer facing portals to packaged solutions such as Amdocs BSS, Remedy is a plus.
- Experience in systems integration and implementation integrating multiple COTS based & third party solutions using industry standard integration technologies.
- Hands on experience with modern UI and middleware technologies covering at least two of the following: Angular 2, Node JS, Bootstrap, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Development background with enterprise software technologies such as Java/J2EE, .Net/C#, Oracle PL/SQL and open source application server programming is desired.
- Experience in system design, development and integration (SOA, Web services, Enterprise Bus, Object Oriented and Distributed architecture) is preferred.
- Exposure to business process change projects a plus.
Education Level: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience: Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.