Spotlight Platform Engineering Group helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses. Comcast is creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. We enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
Responsible for planning and designing new software applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation and software best practices of all development activities. Trains and mentors both technical and non-technical personnel. Assists with defining and tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs and oversees new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists and oversees in the roll-out of software releases
- Trains and mentors software development engineers on internally developed software applications and software development best practices.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and provides guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking; provides and evaluates performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components
- Leads project planning, resourcing, requirement analyzing and defining, detailed designing, and deployment of feature or system.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science or related area of study.
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience
Preferred Technical Skill Set:
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming, SOA
- Experience in designing API
- Experience with web service standards (WCF, REST, SOAP)
- Microsoft development tools including VS 2008/2010 and TFS
- Microsoft Stack Developer
- Experiential Infrastructure savy +
- Release Management experience +
- Strong Session & Cache handling
- Strong App Pool understanding
- Strong Triage skills
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills
- Continuous integration/automation experience
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies. Able to optimize SQL and Stored Procedures
- Create, maintain and consume third party Web Services or APIs.
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience on any third party controls like Dev Express, Telerik +
- Experience on any third party deployment tools +
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer