Arconic is seeking highly motivated and energetic team members to join our Technology Leadership Development program as entry level engineers. The Technology Leadership Development Program is a two-year rotational program designed to provide challenging and rewarding career opportunities for outstanding candidates who will complete an engineering or technical degree. Candidates will participate in three, 8-month assignments at three different Arconic locations beginning at the Arconic Technology Center (ATC), located near Pittsburgh, PA and then transfer to one or more Arconic business unit locations. At the conclusion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to return to ATC to work in several technical areas, depending on the incumbent's strengths and interest, as well as the needs of the organization.
Major Activities / Key Challenges:
- Those candidates that are selected for this accelerated professional development program will receive intense technical training combined with a variety of business-critical assignments at targeted business unit locations. Participants will build a strong technical and professional foundation and gain hands-on experience to drive and support the development of new products, improved processes, and advanced technologies. The first 8-month rotation begins at ATC where the candidate will build a strong technical foundation in one or more of the following areas, while also enhancing their leadership skills through mentoring, project management, customer and business unit engagements, and other professional development opportunities:
- Digital Manufacturing and Automation
- Engineered Surfaces
- Additive Manufacturing
- Product Design and Development
- Alloy and Material Development
- At the conclusion of this 8-month assignment at ATC, participants will transfer to one or more of Arconic's business units for two-eight month assignments where they will apply their skills and knowledge to a variety of projects including product design and development, process and manufacturing improvements, fabrication and assembly, and many other challenging projects. Upon completion of the 24-month program, the candidate will return to ATC to work in one or more technical areas, depending on the incumbent's strengths and interest, as well as the needs of the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Materials Science, Chemical, or Electrical) from an accredited institution.
- Prior intern or co-op experience in engineering, research, or manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Geographic mobility is required to be considered for this position.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
- Strong team skills with demonstrated leadership skills in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.