What You'll Do:
• Responsible for maintaining ongoing operations of the existing infrastructure.
• Initial point of contact for network production issues.
• Proactively monitor the network and ensure the highest possible levels of performance and availability.
• Partner with cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and customer cases.
• Production Acceptance of new deployment (e.g. hardware, circuits, etc).
• Shift work is required.
• Must be able to work weekend on-call rotation.
Who You'll Work With:
Cisco seeks a Senior Network Engineer to join the Cloud Collaboration Technology Group and assist the Network Operations team in maximizing network availability and functionality to achieve our business goals. The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment and sustaining processes required to provide carrier class network services to our customers. In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with providing subject matter expertise and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
Who You Are:
• Candidates must be a US citizen
• Typically requires BS, CS, or equivalent plus 8+ years progressive experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
• Must have hands-on experience in scripting languages (python, etc) to automate repeated network operations procedures.
• Expert level of knowledge and expert troubleshooting experiences in at least TWO of the following. Strong knowledge and troubleshooting experiences in all other areas of:
o IP internetworking and Routing & Switching.
o DataCenter Switching.
o WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS).
o Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, PIM Multicast).
• Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (CRS, Nexus, IOS-XR, NX-OS)
• Expertise in AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS)
• High Availability protocols and Global Server Load Balancing technologies
• Stateful firewalls, SSL, VPN
• Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, Nexus1kv) and compute (VMware, Openstack)
• Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large scale network environment.
• Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
• Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Must be creative and have initiative.
• CCIE or equivalent is a plus.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.