Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for an Engineer II, Automation to be based in Lancaster, PA.
The Engineer II, Automation will:
- Provide technical leadership and engineering support to the manufacturing plant.
- Be responsible for managing and delivering engineering projects from concept to post implementation including developing project scope, user requirements, appropriation requests, time-lines and budgets, qualification plans, approving equipment specifications and documentation to meet current company, corporate and government requirements.
- Manage the purchase, installation and start-up of equipment and system including adherence to compliance, cost and time schedule requirements.
- Manages all tasks based on the responsibilities for project phases (Concept, Planning, Design, Implementation and Post-Implementation). This person will also manage the project implementation team including external consultants and contractors. Accountable for achievement of project milestones.
- Provide technical support for engineering projects including equipment design and development, capital project execution, manufacturing technical support, new product introduction and process improvement initiatives with responsibility for assisting with project execution and site stakeholder alignment.
- Manage and execute engineering assignments for simple projects (limited complexity).
- Perform standard assignments of specific project tasks, e.g., a minor phase of a larger project, testing, data analysis, budget and scheduling requirements.
- Track and trend data, identifies and implements process improvements to improve business measures. Optimizes current processes and manufacturing equipment to provide measurable improvements in step change, productivity, quality, cost, and safety results.
- Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction, goals and objectives.
- Prepare reports, analyze and summarize data, and recommend conclusions based on engineering/technical rationale. May approve reports based on area expertise and training.
- Responsible for the technical support for manufacturing trouble shooting and quality investigations. Participates in development of short and long term solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct interdependent partnering with cross-functional peer group.
- Participate as a technical team member or technical representative on cross functional teams.
- Participate in the creation, review, approval, and execution of Commissioning and Qualification documentation such as plans, protocols and reports as required.
- Develop, deliver and maintain engineering project schedules, resources and budgets for assigned projects to meet project objectives on time and within budget.
- Assist with preparation of project proposals, charters, project updates for assigned projects for management.
- Ability to solve problems of limited complexity and scope. Must be able to develop methodology to solve problems with the guidance of the supervisor.
- Provides technical direction to external resources (e.g. designers, suppliers, contractors, consultants).
- May provide direction and mentorship to Co-ops and entry level engineers.
- Maintains training proficiency on cGMPS, SOP’s, testing procedures, and data analysis as required.
- Decisions made at this level are limited in scope and authority.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- A Bachelor’s of science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is required. Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering discipline is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with a pharmaceutical or consumer products company is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional engineering, technical, and/or operations experience is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices is required.
- Experience working in FDA/cGMP compliance environment preferred.
- Knowledge of structured methodologies for software engineering, applications, and manufacturing systems such as PLC (Allen-Bradley) controllers and interfaces is preferred.
- Prior experience programming and troubleshooting SCADA applications for such platforms as Wonderware's System Platform is preferred. Experience with Microsoft SQL is preferred.
- Prior experience in the development and execution of test plans, IQ, OQ, and PQ validation protocols for new or upgraded integrated factory floor systems is preferred.
- Knowledge in commissioning, qualification and validation are preferred.
- Project Management Skills are preferred.
- Process Excellence and Problem solving knowledge is preferred.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Experience with word processing programs (e.g. WORD), spreadsheet applications (e.g. EXCEL), project application (e.g. PROJECT) and presentation applications (e.g. POWER POINT) is required.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis with familiarity in statistical software (e.g. Minitab, etc.) is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred.
- This position is based in Lancaster, PA and may require up to 10% travel based on business needs.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.