The Engineer - Preform Injection Molding role will be responsible for supporting the development and optimizing robust processes for new and existing beverage packaging at our Package Engineering Technology Center located in Atlanta. This includes activities related to: operating preform injection molding equipment to develop & validate processing conditions, designing and implementing new technology, creating intellectual property. The engineer will also work to ensure that the molding equipment is ready to support the daily demands and partner with the technical staff to further key Research & Development initiatives. Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
- Operation of preform injection molding equipment and related molding equipment
- Establish set-up, profiling and start for new and existing preforms; assists in troubleshooting preform profile problems; utilize SPC to identify and drive process improvement
- Assist in maintenance, inspection, & repair programs of molding equipment and related tooling and service equipment
- Establish GMP's programs & rules for preform injection molding equipment and operation
- Assist in managing schedules for equipment utilization
- Practice 5S to organize tooling, molds, change parts, etc., to achieve workplace requirements
- Ensure complete and accurate logs and setup documentation created and maintained for all new and existing preforms
- Participate in process transfer and start-up at beverage plants as needed
- Stay current with industry trends on the latest molding capabilities to further the value of investment from Coca-Cola.
- Collaborate with concept creation and design teams internally to integrate technical expertise early in the design process.
BS in Engineering preferred or a vocational/technical degree with equivalent work experience.
Related Work Experience:
minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in preform injection molding for beverage industry preferred. Strong mechanical & machine knowledge of leading supplier's equipment and operation. Proven ability to develop new processing techniques for PET preforms & containers preferred. End-to-end knowledge of beverage packaging manufacturing and KPI's preferred. Strong ability to work independently, solve problems, and drive to winning solutions. Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Drive Business Growth: Capability to innovative/create competitively advantaged R&D technologies and processes that create business value.
- Preform Molding Expertise: Demonstrated expertise in preform molding.
- Intellectual Property Development: Develop key intellectual property positions and fundamental knowledge based on material structure, property and process relationships to enable packaging technology platforms that drive broad application across the product portfolio.
- Communication: Communicate and gain alignment with internal stakeholders for projects to ensure research and development programs are successfully exploited by the Coca-Cola System.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.