Building on its heritage of more than 70 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Alcon is currently seeking an Engineer III - Quality RI - This role modifies existing Quality inspection techniques and procedures for improved efficiency or devises and develops new analytical methods and techniques.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides guidance on tolerance to R&D based on RI inspection equipment capability and/or knowledge of supplier manufacturing capability and other similar components.
• Provides guidance on sampling methodology to provide confidence on issue detection.
• Coordinates with Engineering and external suppliers regarding inspection methodology and techniques as well as nonconformance investigations and root cause analysis.
• Executes/develops training and provides support on new and existing inspection equipment.
• Works with Operations department to aid in daily production needs.
• Assists R&D and Engineering departments with inspection guidance for product development.
• Ensures department processes and procedures are in compliance with local and corporate standards and regulations per ASME Y14.5 standard and ISO 13485 requirements.
• Performs equipment/process validations and out of tolerance investigations for calibrated equipment.
• Ability to work with direct labor on a daily basis, make business critical decisions and help reinforce compliance regulations.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a Physical discipline required. MS in Engineering preferred English 2-5 years of related industry experience in medical devise, consumer, automotive or aerospace preferred.
• Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing / ASMEY 14.5, AQL sample plans and ISO 13485 requirement. Preferred 1+ years experience executing equipment validations.
• Preferred Knowledge of and experience with coordinate measurement machines (CMMs), optical inspection equipment, and other common mechanical inspection tools. Mechanical, electrical or optical design experience is a plus.
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.