The Packaging Commercialization Packaging Engineer IV manages packaging initiatives across the Syrup, Thermal, and Co-Man Platforms for the Coca-Cola North America Supply Chain locations; including national package commercialization projects, productivity/ cost savings projects, new and existing supplier qualifications, as well as quality improvement or troubleshooting projects. This role is also responsible for the qualification and commissioning of packaging materials for self-manufacturing implementations.
Within these projects, the packaging engineer is responsible for executing the technical evaluation and production testing/ authorization requirements of new package designs, optimized packaging and new packaging materials. This role provides subject matter expertise in packaging design, packaging performance on production lines and through the entire supply chain through consumer use. Develops and communicates risk assessment documentation to all levels of the organization through cross-functional teams.
75% Travel. Position can be based anywhere in the US. POSTION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
Qualifications EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
- Create packaging specifications and performance requirements. Communicates requirements to suppliers, commodity managers, and operations facilities Ensures requirements are met.
- Coordinates and conducts line trials for new packaging, changes to packaging and packaging materials, and new packaging suppliers.
- Authorizes secondary packaging for use by production locations.
- Provides technical evaluation of new packaging, changes to packaging and packaging materials.
- Collects and evaluates data for packaging sustainability and value added projects.
- Acts as subject matter expert for packaging related questions for procurement, quality, and operations plants.
- Conducts and documents Technical Risk Assessments for packaging initiatives
- Conducts Post Launch Reviews and develops action plans for continuous improvement
- Leads cross-functional teams for packaging troubleshooting and issue resolution
Bachelor's degree in packaging, engineering or related discipline. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Six Sigma or Lean training preferred
Statistical Process Control proficiency (minitab, Infinity, etc) Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.