The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group,
part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting
for an Engineer in New Process
Development aligned to Biosense Webster located in Irwindale, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including
Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI),
Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of
customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention,
Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and
Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of
diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing
businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more about Biosense Webster at
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Under general supervision, receives general instructions
about required tasks and results expected.
Work is usually well defined and is checked for progress and reviewed
for accuracy upon completion. Applies
standard practices and techniques
in specific situations,
adjusts and correlates
data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a
series of related detailed steps and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
Under (e.g. limited supervision, general direction, etc.) and in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and
Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application
of standard engineering
techniques, procedures and
criteria in carrying
out a sequence of related
have clear and
specified objectives and
require the investigation
of a limited number
- Moderate exercise of judgment is required on
details of work and in making selections and adaptations of engineering
- Supervisor screens assignments for unusual or
difficult problems and reviews techniques and procedures to be applied on
- Receives general direction on new aspects of
work which involves
conventional types of plans,
investigations, surveys, structures,
or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are
- Assignments usually include one or more of the
- Equipment design, development and programming
- Test of materials
- Preparation of specifications
- Process study
- Research investigations
- Report preparation
- Other activities of limited scope requiring
knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow
areas of assignments.
- May be assisted by a draftsperson or technician
- Responsible for ensuring personal
and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations,
policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
for the purchase
or design of
equipment that meets
health, safety and
environmental standards set by the company.
for performing design
reviews and pre-validation assessments
to ensure the
safe and environmentally sound
start-up of new processes.
- Practices company safety and quality policies
- Actively requires conformance.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the
employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally
exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Will be required to work in a clean-room
environment and will need to wear special garments.
- The noise level in the work environment is
Adhere to company safety rules and practices. Be proactive in ensuring safety in work
area. Immediately report incidents or
unsafe conditions. Know emergency
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree (BSEE preferred) in
a relevant discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of related engineering
experience is required.
- Experience in the medical device industry would
be an asset.
- Electronics engineering experience is preferred.
- PLC Programming experience is preferred.
- Must possess more than a basic understanding of
engineering theoretical fundamentals and experimental techniques. required
- Basic English communication skills, written and
- Knowledge of drafting software systems such as
AutoCAD and Solidworks (or equivalent) is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering
- This position is located in Irwindale CA and may
require up to 15% travel internationally/domestically.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work.
Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function