With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Operations Engineer is responsible for reviewing production processes, inventory control, material flow, cost analysis, finance, and/or a variety of other business and technical programs to formulate and develop new or modified solutions to business issues affecting operational efficiency and effectiveness. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Analyze existing processes, procedures, materials and equipment to identify areas of improvement and recommend solutions to optimize systems, eliminate wastes and reduce costs.
- Promote strategies for process developments, lead/support implementation of organization process improvement initiatives and evaluate results.
- Responsible for design and development of key indicators, identification and selection of Kaizen activities and Lean initiatives.
- Represent the operations area as subject matter expert for the implementation of new equipment, systems and/or procedures and assess impact of new regulatory guidelines on current practice.
- Analyze and trend data to aid in evaluation of department performance/development and revision of organizational procedures and structures.
- Conduct and document technical investigations, track process deviation, determine discrepancy resolution, change proposals and, and audit responses.
- Participate/lead and collaborate with cross functional teams, utilizing analytical problem solving techniques to identify root causes and appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Draft, edit and update SOPs as necessary to respond to audit findings or resolution plans to support new processes and equipment.
- Collect data, provide analysis and proactively identify variances to forecast to assist in developing strategies to improve performance and reduce cost.
- May be involved in forecasting and analyzing budgets and monitoring of expenditures versus budget, ensuring that expenses are charged to the appropriate cost center for accurate reporting purposes.
- Assist with training and auditing as appropriate.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Technical Writing skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Minitab).
- Business and strategic planning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Minitab, etc.)
- Self-starter with ability to produce results with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor's degree (Scientific or Engineering) with 4 years of GMP manufacturing experience or a combination of education and GMP manufacturing experience.
- Must have a general understanding of business and strategic planning.
- Must be proficient in technical writing.
- Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Must have working knowledge of Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), OSHA and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements.
- Must have strong aptitude for operations and controls of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Must be a team player, detail oriented and be able to function effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with employees at all levels of the company.
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift as needed.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certificate preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry 25-50 lbs. as required.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around to observe operations throughout the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-EC1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.