GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Engineer - Operations
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Engineer - Operations will support the Renewables Onshore Wind Engineering organization, and report directly to the Renewables Onshore Wind Engineering Operations Manager. You will be aligned to the needs of the entire organization, while helping to manage SW&L (Shop Work & Lab), Metrics / Tracking / Reporting, Supplier Onboarding / Support, Quality Dashboard, etc.
As the Engineer - Operations, you will:
• Be responsible for PO (Purchase Order) requisitioning, and SW&L management / tracking / reporting
• Help process Non-PO requests via APSS (Account Payable Self Service), Logistics requests via ILS (International Logistics System)
• Coordinate engagement of new suppliers between Engineering and Sourcing
• Handle activation / deactivation of suppliers within SSS (Shared Sourcing Services) / Supplier Master File
• Resolve supplier invoicing / payment issues
• Manage the quality actions dashboard, and export control classification records
• Drive continuous improvement and productivity
• Provide timely communication on significant issues or developments
• Establish and maintain relationships with required external and internal interfaces to ensure that customer requirements are understood and achieved
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business / Finance
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant engineering experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Strong competency in Microsoft Excel and Oracle SSS (Shared Sourcing Services) applications
• Familiarity with engineering processes
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certified, or progressing toward PMP certification
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.