GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Engineer - Product Definition
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Engineer - Product Definition will work with the Product Definition Engineering team to use CAD software to create and modify products for GE Renewable Energy. You will collaborate with the Design Team to plan, design and implement technical changes to components of GE's Wind Turbines.
As the Engineer - Product Definition, you will:
• Design of Wind turbine Blades with 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) modeling tool (CATIA / Unigraphics)
• Create / modify parts, assemblies and drawings in compliance with corporate and industry design standards, guidelines, and "best practices"
• Support and coordinate with interfacing teams within the organization including global and domestic
• Drive accountability that designs are accurately represented via models, drawings and BOMs (Bill of Materials)
• Explore and advance the use of CAD models in manufacturing and inspection
• Drive PDE (Product Definition Engineering) team's Digital capabilities to improve current processes
• Benchmark and leverage other GE business's success in CAD, CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) and CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing)
• Communicate progress to all levels of the organization
• Work closely with the Design Team to plan, design and implement technical changes to components of our Wind Turbine
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Computer Science (OR Associate's Degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in the design of mechanical components and systems)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Minimum of 5 years of CAD design experience
• 3D CAD experience
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
• Sound mechanical design and analytical background
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Experience in Wind Turbine Blade manufacturing process and procedures
• Composites background
• Stress and Thermal analysis experience
• CATIA 3D CAD experience
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in the design of mechanical components and systems
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.