Whiting Clean Energy (WCE) is a 525MW combined cycle cogeneration facility. The facility consists of two GE 7FA gas turbine generators with accompanying heat recovery steam generators, one steam turbine generator, a demineralization water treatment unit and associated balance of plant equipment. The facility can produce 525MW of electricity for sale into the wholesale power market and 1.1MMlb/hr of high-pressure steam (1300 psig) for export to the Whiting Refinery.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient development and execution of capital and expense projects at the WCE site. The project engineer ensures the technical integrity of the project, including compliance with the project scope, job specification, accepted good engineering design, and adherence to BP CVP. The project engineer supports all phases of the project and leads the coordination of work including safety, process design, detail design, procurement, cost engineering, planning construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning. The project engineer also manages the portfolio of projects for the site and provides key input into the 5-year capex plan for the site. For larger projects, the project engineer supports the Whiting Projects Team to assure that projects are planned, designed, procured, constructed and commissioned within agreed time, cost, schedule, quality, safety and performance specifications and is the WCE representative on the project team.
Normal business hours Monday-Friday, must be available for off hours work as needed to support projects and TAR activitiesKey accountabilities
- Prepares Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Decision Support Packages (DSP) per Capital Value Process (CVP) requirements
- Ensures Project Assurance, Process, Design Engineering, Procurement, Cost Engineering and Planning activities are fully coordinated and project deliverables are produced in accordance with the agreed parameters
- Maintains the standards of efficiency, quality, planned progress, etc., by taking actions necessary identified from reports including, procurement status, holds lists, requisition status, planning to do lists, etc.
- Drives HSSE Planning and champions HSSE across all projects, meeting the requirements contained within the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
Communication and Teamwork
- Prepare Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Liaison with senior planning and discipline engineers to establish project plans
- Ensure quality assurance, process, design engineering, procurement, cost engineering and planning activities are fully coordinated and project deliverables are produced in accordance with the agreed parameters
- Maintain the standards of efficiency, quality, planned progress, etc., by taking actions necessary identified from reports including, procurement status, holds lists, requisition status, planning to do lists, etc.
- Prepare HSSE Plan and champion HSSE across all projects, meeting the requirements contained within the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Review planning schedules routinely to ensure that detailed schedules encompass the complete work scope
- Actively manage projects by controlling expenditure within set limits and ensure cost effective use of BP CVP
- Identify any divergences, errors, omissions, potential savings, overspends, etc.
- Participate in design engineering reviews and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies where appropriate
- Assist Procurement Department in ensuring technical issues are handled with vendors from initial enquiry through to full and final receipt of certified drawings and equipment delivery
- Prepare a monthly report indicating key events, areas of concern, progress etc
- Prepare requisitions as needed
- Manage overall capex spend for the site and provide monthly forecast and variance analysis for communication to the planning and performance management team (PPM)
- Liaison with engineering and construction contractors as necessary to ensure information flows in accordance with the agreed scope and plan
- Coordinate all engineering department activities within the scope of the project and liaise with discipline groups to maintain an efficient flow of information
- Ensure that meetings are recorded and minutes are issued to the project team membersProvide support and guidance to other members of the project team on resolution of EPCM interface problems, including between discipline groups and site stakeholders (Operations/Maintenance departments)
B.S. in Engineering/Technical Field (engineering discipline preferred)Essential experience and job requirements
6+ years experience in refinery or plant environmentOther Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Project management knowledge and experience preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
Yes - Domestic (In country) onlyTravel required
NegotiableIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "11-Nov-2017" ]
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.