Did you take a break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients' lives? If you are an experienced, high-caliber engineer eager to return to engineering after a break of two or more years, this “Reignite Career Program” is for you.
This five month paid internship, as part of our Reignite Program, will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the R&D engineering community at Ethicon and the possibility of becoming a full time employee after completion of the program with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
Ethicon Endo Surgery, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Product Management (PM) Engineer - Reignite Career Program Participant , located in Cincinnati, OH supporting the Supply Chain, Global Surgery group for our ReIgnite Program.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Product Management Engineer will operate in a matrix global organization and be responsible for partnering with new product development teams to ensure that the product design incorporates good DFM/A principals as well as good service and maintenance practices that facilitate long term serviceability. In addition to this, other activities include planning and leading the development of the assembly process and any associated validation activities.
The candidate will have the experience and skills necessary to be proficient at leading and coordinating the development and assembly of Medical Device components and systems.
- A current career break from engineering of three or more years
- An undergraduate Engineering degree from an accredited college or university
- A focused degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline is preferred
- 3 years of relevant professional work experience, excluding internships
- Previous experience working in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment is required
- Demonstrated working knowledge and certification of 6-sigma methodologies, statistical techniques is preferred
- Experience in managing product, project and process risks via standard risk management tools is strongly preferred
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability and Assembly is preferred.
- Experience in component and process development of Medical Devices is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Project Management experience is required.
- Project Management Certification is preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills required.
- This position may require up to 25% travel and is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Ethicon is excited to launch this program through the WISE initiative (Women in Science & Engineering)
Re-Ignite, our new program, is designed to increase the pipeline of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) talent who are returning from a three or more-year career break.
This program provides the opportunity for professionals to get back into the workforce at a later life stage, and offers a powerful return-to-work strategy for individuals.
This program is part of a large initiative to increase the STEM talent pipeline driven by the Society of Women Engineers and iRelaunch, a career re-entry firm.
If you are ready to re-launch your career and are looking to grow and stretch with new opportunities, Reignite Career Program is for you.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)Job Function
Strategic Sourcing/LogisticsRequisition ID