Location: Granville, Ohio - United States Job Title
: Global Reliability Engineer PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary role of the Reliability Engineer (RE) is to utilize engineering practices to drive out sources of repetitive failure in equipment and processes. The Reliability Engineer will identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. In addition, the Reliability Engineer is involved in the Early Management (EM) for design and installation stages of Capital projects for new assets and modification of existing assets, and conducts and develops various analytical methods for determining reliability of components, equipment and processes. And, the RE will be involved in the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Planned Maintenance (PM) Pillar programs.
This role acquires process and equipment data, provides analysis of the data to include preparation of charts, diagrams, drawings, calculations and reports which define reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements. The level of reliability required for a particular asset will consider the criticality ranking, the economic limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, availability of materials/equipment, etc. The Reliability Engineer, with clear external perspective of our customer's demands, will develop plans to reduce or eliminate production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, and executes or follows the execution of that plan intended to drive improved availability.Reports to
: Global Process Leader - Manufacturing Reliability Group and Loss ControlSpan of Control
: External Reliability ResourcesJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Live the Owens Corning Safety Stand - Living Safely
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Live the OC safety culture and promote
- Ensure a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement, and strict adherence to OC safety policies and procedures.
Drives the elimination of production and maintenance losses
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from data bases, field tests, CMMS systems and other data sources, and correlates the data using well defined engineering techniques and procedures.
- Assist/Learn and eventually facilitate Root Cause analysis/Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Determine "Bad Actors" and Prioritize findings to focus on the largest or most critical opportunities.
- Confer with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Maintenance leaders, and other Reliability Engineers to develop a plan in partnership with Operations and Maintenance, to effectively and economically improve equipment and process designs.
- Capable of leading PM Pillar/Reliability projects.
Improves asset total cost of ownership across the enterprise.
- Partner with Capital Delivery to ensure the Early Management focus on reliability and maintainability of new and modified equipment installations have been considered as part of the project.
- Capable of training/teaching PM Pillar and reliability
- Able to define, develop, monitor and refine asset maintenance strategies.
- Partner with plant PM Pillar/maintenance teams to define, develop and refine the Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program
- Application of Storeroom/MRO best practices
- Develop/Apply Master Equipment list, Equipment Criticality, etc.
Leads and develops talent
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Provides reliability based and precision maintenance training
- Provides feedback on expectations and performance for PdM team members
- In partnership with Maintenance Leader, leads and builds an effective work team to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Leads/Manages External resources on projects and programs
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree required
- Reliability Engineering minor highly desirable, as is an Advanced degree
- 3 - 5 years experience as a Reliability Engineer
- Experience with Condition based monitoring technologies like Vibration monitoring, Thermography, Infrared, Ultra Sound, Motor Circuit Analysis, etc. Training in these technologies is highly desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Manufacturing Experience preferred
- TPM Experience/Application is highly desirable
- Exposure or experience in a union environment is desirable
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) desirable
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Exposure and training in Reliability practices and processes, including the following, are desirable:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Equipment Criticality Ranking (ECR)
- Failure Modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Weibull Analysis
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Pareto Analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate with and engage employees at all levels of the organization
- Background or exposure to Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM)
- Data Driven Ability to gather and analyze data to drive decisions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects at one time
- TPM training or exposure is highly desirable
- Six Sigma training or exposure desirable
- Ability to influence without authority
- Project Management experience, with certification desirable
- Change Management experience
- Achieve CMRP Certification within 24 months
- Achieve CRE within 3 years of eligibility
*LI-NM1 About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.