Primary Purpose of the Job
- Arconic Technology Center is seeking a computer engineer/computer scientist/software engineer to integrate a large group that develops multiple platform solutions integrating computer environments as diverse as control systems and ERP, all the way through scientific software operating in stand alone mode.
- The candidate will be responsible for development, integration and testing of sofware applications that support the digital thread, digital twin, data connectivity, data visualization, data contextualization - with an initial focus on the additive manufacturing flow-path
- The ideal candidate shall possess good communications skills, work as a team player in across multiple teams/projects, and be fluent or remain open to learn multiple computer languages/enviroments.
Major activities / Key challenges
- Develop and integrate software across different platforms.
- Convert legacy software for integration into new platforms
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to understand requirements and convert them into the corresponding software systems
- Understand and foster the adoption of techniques for reusable, sustainable software development
- Create Graphical user interfaces for multiple platforms including web and client.
- Design and develop databases and data models
- Develop applications for accessing and visualizing data from a variety of sources
Essential Knowledge & Skills / Education
- Formal training in software engineering and computer science
- High proficiency in programming in C, C++, C#, Java, HTML
- High proficiency in database development and application especially SQL
- High proficiency in structured software development techniques (requirements determination, configuration control, etc.)
- Proficiency in software development environments such as Visual Studio
- Fast learning ability for new computer programming languages
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Information Technology or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related software engineering field
- 2 years of experience in programming in C#, C, SQL, HTML, Java
- 2-3 years experience in software development environments such as Visual Studio
- 1-2 years experience in software engineering, software development
- Experience in software development in industrial environments
- Skills/experience with data analytics software packages (R, Matlab)
- Skills/experience with modeling and simulation tools (Matlab, Comsol, Ansys)
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.