Technology is the office product of the future. Office Depot is rapidly transforming and working to meet the changing demands of our customers. We enable them with products & services they need to be successful in their workplace- whether the workplace is an office, home, school or car.
Our Technology department is a driver of business disruption with the use of new cutting edge platforms, latest cloud solutions, AI and machine learning capabilities. Our internal 300+ IT/Technology associates, work in an agile environment where they can build and support technology that allows our company to service our customers.
Each individual plays a significant role in the success of the company. The team is empowered to learn and grown in an environment that is safe to innovate and to fail fast; to push boundaries and challenge assumptions in support to providing our customer a world-class experience.
- Manages Enterprise Management infrastructure (SCCM) hardware and software to ensure availability, performance, and supportability.
- Responsible for image creation and software distribution activities. Provides quality software packages ready for enterprise deployment. This will include the creation of new packages and repackaging of existing packages.
- Works under the direction of the lead engineer with minimal supervision.
- Provides cost/benefit analysis on moderately to highly complex projects
- Participates in evaluation of vendor proposals
- Conducts network studies and performance analyses and recommends changes
- Advises developers in design of new applications by providing expertise on systems capabilities and constraints
- May function in a lead capacity within department and represent department in workflow, escalation discussions with others
- Leads implementation and deployment efforts on intermediate projects
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Windows Server OS, AD, DNS, DHCP, Virtualization, and Networking technologies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft SCCM (including 2012)
- Expert level software packaging experience (Admin Studio required, Wise experience nice to have).
- Script/ program experience in PowerShell, VBScript, C#
- SCCM 2007, 2012 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation
- Ability to create Advertisement/ Collections/ Packages within an SCCM 2007/2012 environment.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Windows image (7 and 10) from multiple vendors and hardware models (Desktop, Laptops and Tablets).
- Full understanding of downloading and deploying MS patches using WSUS within SCCM 2012
- Deploying updates with Systems Management Server or System Center Configuration Manager.
- Reporting with Systems Management Center Systems Management Server or 2007 & 2012.
- Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing department objectives and continuously develops and implements improved practices.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers.
- Ability to gather customer requirements and translate into software distribution solutions
- Identifies and prioritizes system requirements and enhancements.
- Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from Lead Engineer
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Networking products and knowledge of Content Switch Load balancing a plus. Knowledge of TCP\IP, Subnetting, Networking Protocols.
- Work with the responsible IT Architecture to define and document Office Depot strategy, standards and procedures.
- Work closely with other technical teams to ensure proposed solutions meet minimum support and run requirements (including Network, Storage, Data Center, Security, Application, and Database Administration).
- Work with project managers and senior management to develop and maintain project plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent training and experience in Electrical or Computer science
- Admin Studio Packaging expertise and Wise Packaging experience
- Deployment experience with Systems Center Configuration Manager 2007 and 2012.
- Powershell scripting expertise
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.