The SIS Engineer will assist in the design, construction, testing and maintenance of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) at the refinery. The position is an individual contributor, with no direct reports. The SIS Engineer will report to the SIS/OTS team lead in the Automation Group. The SIS Engineer will work with plant operations, plant maintenance and engineering contractors to ensure the design, construction, testing and operation of plant SIS meets BP, ISA 84.01 and IEC61508/ 61511 standards.Key accountabilities
- Strong Instrumentation Skills
- Organizational skills to manage multiple SIS projects
- Knowledgeable in SIS design and maintenance
- Perform SIS verifications per ISA 84 requirements
- Perform SIS commissioning and de-commissioning
- Knowledgeable on S84 and IEC 61508/61511 SIS standards
- Participate in Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and subsequent SIL Target Selection
- Develop safety requirements specification (SRS) and cause and effect matrixes
- Perform SIS Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and SIS validation
- Analyze SIS events and component failures
- Knowledgeable in SIS documentation
- Knowledgeable in SIS lifecycle requirements
- Ability to trouble shoot SIS systems
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Instrumentation or Chemical Engineering preferredEssential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 5 years of instrumentation reliability experience
- Oil & Gas related experience
- Strong PC skills
- Working knowledge in MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Ability to work well with a wide range of disciplines and management, external partners, regulators and contractors.
- Self-motivated, accustomed to being in positions of responsibility and accountability.
- Good planning, communication skills and team work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks & responsibilities.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- 2 to 5 years of SIS experience both in the design, installation, testing and plant operation
- A strong control system or PLC background
- Experienced with Safety Instrumented Function SIF
- Knowledgeable on designing and configuring DeltaV SIS, HIMA and Triconex safety systems.
- Knowledgeable in Emerson AMS
- TUV or CFSE certifications.
Yes - including international/expatTravel required
NegotiableIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "08-Jan-2018" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.