At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need an Engineer Technician that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to Engineering Team Lead within the Design department. Engineer Technicians are responsible for verifying structural capacity of existing roof systems for solar installation and finalizing structural reports for regional offices.
You'll change the world by...
- Review site specific documentation of existing roof systems
- Perform structural reviews to verify the structural capacity of existing roof systems
- Prepare structural reports for distribution to regional offices
- Coordination with internal teams to move accounts through operational process
- Perform other duties and assignments as given by management
You'll do that with your...
- Analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Basic computer proficiency required (minimum 20 wpm)
You'll know you're ready if you...
- High school degree or equivalent
- MS Word and Excel experience
- AutoCAD or experience a plus
- Solar installation or design experience a plus
- Residential construction and roof layout understanding a plus
- Engineering background a plus (engineering student and/or work experience)
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.