Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Medical Device Assembly- Specialty Work Asssembly Team (SWAT)- Associate Degree in Technical Field. Will be the engineering link to production. Position Summary:
Collects, records data and observations related to engineering projects. Provides technical support to engineering projects. The aide prepares documentation packages, performs tests, prepares test samples or built prototypes. Provides coordinating and expediting support to engineering projects. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Assembles prototypes, equipment or test samples. Conducts qualification and development testing as guided by engineers.
- Creates or prepares the necessary documentation for the project.
- Update engineers on the status of the activities. Must be able to interface with engineer on a project level and be able to discuss problems and solution intelligently, offer project feedback to the engineer on a regular basis an be able to offer possible process changes and solutions to a particular project. Must provide feedback to engineer on manufacturability of parts and assemblies requested by the engineer.
- Assist engineers in process development and documentation of the Process Control Procedures -PCP-
- Uses computer to input information and data reduction as part of the engineering studies or reports.
- Performs related duties such as expediting, shipping, preparation, retrieval or delivery.
- Records data in laboratory note book and/or computer database.
- Moderate degree of both internal and external personnel interfaces.
- Must be able to work flexible job tasks and duties.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles in the mechanical, electrical or quality field. Must be able to read and understand drawings, and schematics. Must know how to interpret and write test protocols and test reports and have a good basic understanding of math. Must have a good understanding of Documentation procedures and GMPs for the health care industry.
- Must be able to use computers, calculators, diagnostic test equipment and precision measuring equipment. Must have organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to get along with the other people and work as a team member. Must be able to follow instructions and follow tasks through completion. Must be able to accept changes and shifts in priorities. Must be able to schedule tasks and meet deadlines. Must be able to manage one's time and sense of urgency.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- High school graduate plus 2 years of experience in a technical field; or a 2 year college degree.
- Technical or trade school education is desired.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.