Provides specialized administrative support to relieve line and staff engineering manager of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Executes data analysis tasks, coordinates activities between departments and outside parties. Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports. Maintains department files and schedules meetings, and may manage calendar and ensure timely response to meeting requests and messages. Work is generally of a confidential nature.
• Facilitate operational efficiency of the Panasonic Avionics Corporation organization by performing a variety of tasks under the general supervision of the department manager/director.
• Performs administrative tasks such as purchase requests creation, recordkeeping, photocopying/scanning, document distribution, and retrieval of packages or mail from various delivery points.
• Attend key meetings with the express purpose of recording meeting minutes, documenting attendance, cataloging action items, and ensuring distribution of said information to key personnel and department archives.
• Proofread documents for accuracy, completeness, compliance with departmental policies, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Ensure efficiency of the management team by tracking meeting schedules, authoring correspondence, booking travel arrangements, making phone calls, and reviewing E-mail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
• Possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings.
• Ability to be discreet with confidential matters and maintain compliance with Panasonic's corporate security policy (ISM).
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to protect controlled information.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems, organize own work, coordinate projects, multi-task and set priorities.
• Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
Education and Required Experience:
• Associate degree or technical training certification pertaining to electrical (preferred) or other engineering program or similar level of technical experience; will consider senior year student studying for BSEE .
• Preferred 1-2 years of experience in creating engineering reporting, management of project schedules and calendars.
• Advanced skills in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1403539
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.