Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The co-op assignment will support Merck Manufacturing Division's (MMD) Packaging Commercialization or Packaging Technical Operations departments. These groups serve as Merck's central packaging Centers of Excellence with global responsibility for packaging related activities. The position is based in West Point, PA (a suburb of Philadelphia). It is a full-time paid six month co-op position. A housing subsidy is not available as part of this program.
The candidate selected will have opportunities to gain experience in a wide variety of areas within pharmaceutical packaging. Examples include:
- Primary and secondary packaging development and testing for solid oral dose, sterile and medical device products
- Packaging equipment
- Packaging processes and controls
- Bulk packaging development and testing
- Distribution packaging development and testing
- Thermal packaging development and testing
- Packaging related documentation and regulations
- Customer focus group and use testing
These activities will also provide the co-op with exposure to other departments, cross functional teams, suppliers, etc. Qualifications: Education:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Available for full time employment (40 hours per week) for a period of 6 months in Spring/Summer 2017, Summer/Fall 2017 or Spring/Summer 2018.
- Currently enrolled in an academic program and returning to school following this co-op assignment to complete credit requirements for graduation.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong project management, problem solving, organizational, technical writing and communication skills.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement