Eaton's Vehicle Group is seeking a Spring 2018 Engineering Co-op at the Auburn, IN facility. The co-op will support the Global VAVE Product Engineering team in planning and executing design and validation test plans. This role will serve as liaison between the Global Value Analysis Value Engineering (VAVE) Engineering team and the test lab.
- Perform problem identification and resolution of technical issues identified during validation testing with support of Product Engineers and Test Engineers.
- Identify opportunities to reduce validation timing through expediting material prototype procurement and test resource planning.
- Utilize VAVE process to execute small projects in coordination with the cross-functional team.
- Develop Design Validation Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Work with Lab team to validate product per DVP&R
- Develop SharePoint site for Global Powertrain
- Present VAVE concepts for Gate 0
- Work with supplier on VAVE projects
- Support manufacturing process validation for VAVE projects
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master’s degree program in Aerospace engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Must currently reside within 50 miles of Auburn, IN
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Prior experience in the manufacturing environment
- Must have strong mechanical skills and be willing to work in a hands on environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH PDMP CPT
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.