This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com/
This position will be located in Whitehall's Plant 3 casting facility. This position will lead efforts focused on providing our manufacturing team with the engineering support necessary to drive improvements in through-put and delivery while working to reduce operating costs and inventory levels. This position will provide engineering leadership to a team of product and process engineers who are responsible for improving the cost and delivery performance of parts within a specified customers portfolio of parts.. Basic Qualifications
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Materials Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years experience in a related manufacturing / engineering function or role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, interpersonal skills / competencies. Includes being able to communicate effectively both in writing as well as orally.
- Able to identify problematic situations and determine correct actions to take in order solve / correct.
- Possess leadership skills that will create positive engaging environment.
- Able to collaborate on projects by building working relationships, demonstrating responsibility for group projects and utilizing other resource's strengths and talents.
- Able to promote collaboration between functions, e.g. engineering and manufacturing, engineering and quality.
- Able to set clear expectations and articulate those to the team.
- Will be required to develop, coordinate and / or direct projects making detailed plans to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Able to effectively present information, including, but not limited to, responding to questions from customers, plant and / or BU leadership, and the respective employees.
- Able to strengthen existing relationships / forge new relationships with external customers.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and guidance cross-functional resources including resources working in the manufacturing areas.
- Experience in the investment casting industry a plus.
- Good financial literacy is a plus.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.