It’s at your very core as an engineering brain – your ability to think in ways most can’t, and take on the challenges most won’t. It’s people like you who have joined our Purina family at all career levels and developed Tidy Cats Lightweight®, the cat litter champion of the world. People like you who first engineered extruded dry dog food and built patented, customized machinery in each of our factories.
Joining Purina as an Engineer at the entry level means joining our factory family to play a key role in managing and executing capital projects that impact the larger business. Through a well-designed rotation across our various factory functions within your first 12-18 months, you’ll experience information systems, quality assurance, supply chain, accounting and human resources, production, R&D engineering and operations performance to understand how each of these areas interact with the engineering management work that you’ll do. Following the rotational portion of the program, you’ll experience a unique breadth of work within your functional area, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert at the factory you’re assigned to.
Why engineering with us versus somewhere else? Taking the engineering path of our Management Development Program is a full-time, entry-level position that’s a fast track to management on the manufacturing side of our business. You’re the future leader of our business.
Not sure if this is a fit for you? Need additional information? Have some questions you still need answered? Apply anyway! Give us the chance to get to know you and help determine if this is the right career path for you at Purina. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B, OPT, visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States now and in the future.
* Military veterans, we are proud of ourmilitary veteran associates and do consider military experience. Havingobtained E-4 level or above is preferred for this role, but is not required.Please apply for full consideration.
• Develop detailed project scopes that account for operational impact
• Be a problem solver by creating solutions to problems in accordance with engineering standards
• Prepare specifications, bid scopes as well as evaluate bids and awards for construction projects
• Supervise project start-ups and contractors
• Master plant process flows, utility flows, capacities, procedures and practices
• Demonstrate maintenance supervisory capability
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• B.S. in Engineering or expected to attain by June 2017
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Must be conscientious with high cognitive ability and possess initiative, responsibility, leadership potential and a strong work ethic. Must be willing to relocate to a Nestle Purina location upon completion of the program
*PLUSES: Military experience, prior co-op or practicum experience; manufacturing experience; student organization or other leadership experience
Davenport, IA; Clinton, IA, Bloomfield, MO; Crete, NE
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.